Payments will be made once per week. Each month we will publish
the value of claims received against the budget.
CLAIMS: You should make regular claims throughout the life of the project.
The Scheme will only accepts claims where invoices are submitted within
12 months of the invoice date.
The Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme:
- applies only to repairs, maintenance and alteration works to listed buildings that are used principally as places of
worship and listed places of worship owned by or vested in a number of specified organisations which look after
redundant places of worship;
- applies to listed places of worship throughout the UK which are included on the public registers of listed buildings
kept for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland;
- applies to listed places of worship of all religions and faith groups;
- only accepts applications made in arrears;
- only accepts claims where invoices are submitted within 12 months of the invoice date, see note 3.2; and
- only accepts applications where the minimum value of eligible work carried out on any one claim to the scheme is
£1,000 (excluding VAT) (see Note 3.1 for an exception to this).
Claimants are expected to ensure that that all other eligible VAT reliefs are sought before seeking a grant under the scheme.
Examples of other VAT reliefs that may be available to listed places of worship are provided in Note 3.5.
The scheme has a fixed annual budget which will be advertised on
the LPW Grant Scheme website (www.lpwscheme.org.uk) each year.
The funding for the scheme was increased in 2012 up to 42m,
this budget has now been confirmed until March 2020. We are
confident that this funding will enable full compensation
for claims under the scheme. In the unlikely event that this
proves not to be the case, advanced notice will be given should
there be a need to introduce a cap to the payment or a change
to the frequency of payments.
We aim to pay eligible claims within 30 calendar days, where
they are accompanied by the correct documentation, and once
any queries have been resolved. Large and complex claims and
those submitted without the correct and complete documentation
are likely to require a longer processing period to allow
queries to be resolved.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport and HM Treasury
holds six-monthly meetings with faith group representatives
to review the financial position and operation of the scheme.